- Vail Colorado snowboarding instruction varies greatly in cost, but group lessons start at about $139 a day.
- Vail snowboard rentals start at $50.
- Save time by skipping lifts and riding the trees on Vail's front-side.
- Vail Mountain is huge, so concentrate on certain areas instead of trying to see the whole mountain in one day.
Where to snowboard in Vail
- Freestyle Terrain Parks
Go big! Or go small. It's up to you at Vail's terrain-park trio, primo superpipe and halfpipe or check out one of Beaver Creek's four parks.
- Back Bowls and Blue Sky Basin
A Vail Colorado snowboarding trip isn't complete without shredding Vail's famed back bowls and sidecountry extravaganza Blue Sky Basin. Take your pick in the Back Bowls. Hike the cornice off Game Creek Express, then work riders' left for laps in China and Siberia Bowls on Orient Express Lift. In Blue Sky, Champagne Glade and Lover's Leap are can't-misses.
- Beaver Creek
Snowboarding at “The Beav” is all about steep glades on Grouse Mountain and Aspen-studded cliffs in Stone Creek Chutes. Larkspur Bowl has great intermediate runs.
Vail CO snowboarding instructors will push your riding to the next level.
Vail snowboard rental shops are abundant and carry a range of beginner to advanced setups.