Where can I go cross country skiing?
Vail Nordic Center
The Vail Nordic Center is located on the Vail Golf Course east of Vail Village. The VNC grooms over 5km of trails every morning.
- Location: Vail Golf Course
- Cost: A daily pass costs $8.
- Contact: Call 970-476-8366 for details.
Nordic Sports Center on Golden Peak at Vail Resort
The Nordic Sports Center on Golden Peak has several kilometers of groomed trails, but specializes in cross country and backcountry ski touring on classic and Telemark skis. Tours leave several days a week and training workshops are held daily in Beaver Creek and Vail. There is a 5K track is located at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola.
- Location: Vail Resort
- Contact: Call 970-754-3200 for details.
Beaver Creek Nordic Center
The McCoy Park Trail System is located at the top of Strawberry Park Express Lift and features 32k of nordic and snowshoe trails.
- Location: Buy your tickets at the Bottom of Strawberry Park Express Lift
- Cost: Adults $28, Seniors and Kids $17
- Contact: Call 970-754-5313 for details.
Vail Pass Winter Recreation Area
At the top of Vail Pass, the winter rec area is open to snowmobiles, snowshoers, and cross country skiers. It maintains a number of trails.
- Location: Top of Vail Pass
- Cost: Day Pass is $6 and can be purchased at the trailhead.
- Contact: Call 970-945-2521 or download the Trail Map