- Keep your vehicle in good condition and road worthy.
- Don't speed on the downhill sections.
- Stay on your own side of the road.
- Be aware of other traffic on the roadway.
- Be sure that someone is aware of where you are going and when you expect to be back
- Take water, food, and be prepared for unexpected cold weather.
- Be courteous and use common sense.
- Take you time, after all that is the point of driving yourself.
Mountain driving is not the same as hurrying down the freeway or driving on the straightaway. Take you time and enjoy the scenic beauty of Vail and Beaver Creek from the comfort of your own vehicle or a rental car decked out for your needs.