Vail golf courses, Beaver Creek golf courses and others nearby offer uniquely designed and professional caliber courses with challenging fairways in a high-alpine environment surrounded by breathtaking mountain scenery.
- Vail, Colorado golf courses are uniquely designed and in a beautiful high-alpine setting
- When golfing around Vail you’ll discover challenges, amazing scenery and fresh mountain air
- Vail Golf Club is the oldest golf course in the valley
- Club At Cordillera Summit Course is on Blue Grass, designed by Jack Nicklaus
Vail, Colorado golf courses include not only those courses within Vail, but also some surprisingly amazing courses nearby. Beaver Creek golf will challenge your game skills, and Edwards’ courses are something not to be missed. The overwhelming popularity of golfing in Vail and Beaver Creek, Colorado shouldn’t come as a surprise. Harboring a strong golf tradition and built on the foundation of skiing, the two sports share a handful of significant similarities, such as the costs to participate and the resulting generally upscale, wealthy people. The golf courses in the area are some of the finest in the West, providing challenges, amazing scenery and crisp mountain air.
Where to go Golfing
Located within a few minutes drive from downtown Vail are several golf courses of considerable reputation that offer quality golfing.
Vail Golf Club
- Location – Off of Interstate 70 at exit 176. Turn onto South Frontage Road heading east and turn right on Vail Valley Drive to the Vail Golf Club.
- Course Description – This municipal 18-hole championship golf course features 7,024 yards of golf for a par of 71. This is the oldest golf course in the valley and sponsors tournaments throughout the year.
- Greens Fees – Peak season rates are $90/18 holes and $55/9 holes without a cart.
- Contact Information – Call 970-479-2260 or toll free 888-709-3939. Email is email@example.com.
Eagle Vail Golf Course
- Location – From Interstate 70 take exit 169 and head west on Highway 6. Turn left on Eagle Road and right on Eagle Drive and you’ll see the Clubhouse on your right as you climb the hill.
- Course Description – This golf facility in Avon, Colorado offers 6,819 yards at a par of 72. Per Golf Views magazine, it offers “the true mountain golf experience.” There is the 18-hole Eagle Vail course and the 9-hole Willow Creek course.
- Greens Fees – Peak season rates are $45-$99.
- Contact Information – 970-949-5267
Beaver Creek Golf Club
- Location – From Interstate 70 take exit 167 and head south to the entrance.
- Course Description – A Robert Trent Jones-designed course of 18 holes with over 6,646 yards and a par of 70. Along the slopes of Beaver Creek Mountain providing some stunning scenery. This course is open from May through October.
- Greens Fees – Non-resident rates range from $150-$195 for 18 holes.
- Contact Information – 970-754-5775
Sonnenalp Golf Club
- Location – From Vail, take Interstate 70 west, turn off at exit 163, then turn right on Beard Creek Trail, then right on Berry Creek Road to the golf club at 1265 Berry Creek Road.
- Course Description – This public 18-hole course in Edwards, Colorado has more than 7,059 yards for a par of 71. Designed by Jay Morrish, it has a slope rating of 138.
- Greens Fees – High season rates are between $85 and $170 depending on the time of day you play.
- Contact Information – 970-477-5371
Golf Club At Cordillera, Short Course
- Location – From Interstate 70, take exit 163, turning left on Beaver Creek Road. You will come to Highway 6 and turn right. Then left on Squaw Creek Road and left on Cordillera Way to Kensington, bearing right to the golf club.
- Course Description – This 9-hole Dave Pelz Signature Design course has 1,050 yards of golf for a par of 27. The elevation at the clubhouse is 7,800 feet and it is open from June through September.
- Rates - $45/9 holes
- Contact Information – 970-926-5550
Club At Cordillera, Mountain Course
- Location – From Interstate 70 take exit 163 to Edwards, following Highway 6 to Squaw Creek Road. Take a left on Squaw Creek then a right on Fenno Drive and left on Club House Drive. The Mountain Course will be on the right.
- Course Description – Here you have 18 holes on undulating terrain designed by Hale Irwin, with yardage of 7,413 yards and par of 72. The course rating is 73.6 and slope rating is 141. The Mountain Course is open from June to the end of September.
- Contact Information – 970-926-5100 or 970-926-5117 or toll free at 800-830-6294
Club At Cordillera Summit Course, Summit Course
- Location – Summit Course is located at 190 Gore Trail in Edwards, Colorado. Take I-70 west toward Glenwood Springs, and get off at exit 163. Go left on Beaver Creek Road to Highway 6, then left on Squaw Creek and right on Fenno Drive. When you reach Settlers Loop turn left and left again on Gore Trail to the golf course.
- Course Description – This 18-hole course is on Blue Grass with more than 7,530 yards with a par of 72 and at an elevation of 9,000 feet at the clubhouse. Designed by Jack Nicklaus, this course is on a natural rolling terrain with marvelous views of the Rocky Mountains.
- Contact Information – 970-926-5300
Rentals & Gear
At most of the courses you’ll find pro shops, equipment rentals and even lessons as well as golf shops in nearby communities.
Share Your Thoughts
- Guides & Tours
- Golf Courses
- Hiking & Backpacking
- Horseback Riding
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wagon Rides
- Kayak & Canoe
- Outdoor Rentals
- Wilderness Outfitters
- Motorcycle Tours
- ATV / Offroad
- Gondola Rides
- Kids Summer Fun
- Camping & RV
Apex Mountain School
Try Rock Climbing or Rappelling! All ages, abilities & fitness levels welcome.
River Trips & Zipline Tours near Vail
Experience Colorado! Join AVA for whitewater rafting in 4 locations near Vail, mountaintop zipline tours and more. Great deals, discounts and packages on our website.