Although Vail and Beaver Creek's gondola and chairlifts are mainly used during the winter months to shuttle skiers and snowboarders to high-elevation powder stashes, the lift service is also a fun and exciting way to see the area and terrain during the summer.
Take a ride on the Vail Gondola or Beaver Creek Chairlift for great views of hte valley and easy access to upper mountain trails and activities.
Riding the Vail gondola in the summer is an entertaining way to see a unique view of Vail Valley, and you’re surrounded by the New York, Gore and Sawatch Mountains. Once at the top you can take a short hike, enjoy lunch and snap a few photos of the breathtaking scenery. After enjoying the many splendors at the top, you can either climb back into the gondola for the ride back down or hike back to the base on marked trails.
- Location: The Vail gondola is located on Lionshead Circle in Vail, in the heart of the pedestrian neighborhood.
- Hours: June 10th through October 2nd, 2016. Daily 9am-9pm. Weekends only and limited hours in early June and September.
- Cost: The cost to ride is $34 for adults, $29 for seniors (65 years and older). Kids 5-12 are $17 (4 and under are Free)
- Contact: The activities desk phone number is 970-476-9090.
Beaver Creek Centennial Express Chairlift
Enjoy spectacular views from Beaver Creek's Centennial Express Chairlift. Once at the top you can enjoy hiking and mountain biking trails, lunch at the Spruce Saddle, and a disc golf course. Tickets are good for multiple rides.
- Location: Starbucks plaza level in Beaver Creek Village
- Hours: 9:30 to 4:30 Daily, June 11th - September 27th (weekends only in September and early June)
- Cost: Adult $34, Child (5-12) $17, Adult with Lunch Ticket $40
- Contact: Beaver Creek Ticket Office at 970-754-5200
and Travel Updates
- Estes Park Tram
Scenic tram rides above Estes Park Colorado.