Snow tubing at Vail and Beaver Creek is like riding an icy roller coaster in a bumper car, while sliding down a specially designed track in the shadows of Colorado's most breathtaking peaks.
- Youngsters must be at least 3 feet tall to slide.
- Reservations aren't accepted; tubers are served on a first-come first-served basis.
- Purchase tickets at any ski school location.
Sit back and enjoy the exhilarating ride at the Vail and Beaver Creek snow tubing hills. Fun for all ages, participants ride inflatable inner tubes solo or attached to other tubes down safe lanes of packed snow. A surface “magic carpet” lift whisks riders back up.
Take a break from skiing or entice non-skiers onto the mountain with an afternoon of snow tubing.
Where to go
From Lionshead Village, take the Eagle Bahn Gondola to Adventure Ridge – Vail's mountaintop adventure center where kids and families can enjoy ski bikes, a kids snowmobile track, snow tubing, and a restaurant.
- Season/Hours: Mid-December through Early-April. Tues-Sat: 11am to 7pm. Sun-Mon: 11am to 4pm.
- Cost: $38/hour per person. Before 4pm, a scenic lift ticket at $30 is required. After 4pm, the gondola is free to foot passengers.
- More Info: Call (970) 754-4383.
Hop on the Buckaroo Express Gondola to access Hay Maker Tubing Hill. This four-lane thrill ride drops 400 feet, perfect for kids and grandparents alike.
- Season/Hours: Mid-December through Mid-April. Open daily from 2pm to dusk.
- Cost: $32/hour per person. You do not need a lift ticket to ride the gondola to access the tubing hill.
- More Info: Call (970) 754-5368.